Indie Montreal - Booking Agent
Indie Montreal is looking for a booking agent to lead our newly established department of booking! The person will be responsible for the sales representation of performance artists and other artistic performance on various local, national and international markets. Applicants must be motivated, enthusiastic and have great interpersonal skills. A good knowledge of the emerging music sector and of Quebec's music industry are required. They must also have at least 3 years of experience in the music industry and at least 1 year of experience as booking agent. The worker will have the opportunity to be immersed in various aspects of the music industry by participating in the activities of a well established Quebec music company. As Indie Montreal is a small business, the selected candidate will be entrusted with important tasks to contribute to propagation of Indie Montreal across the province. The chosen candidate will work under the supervision of Indie Montreal's director. His presence will also be required on the field during performances.
Start Date: January 2015
Hours: Full time (35+ hours)
Salary: To be discussed with the supervisor
Languages: Bilingual English / French, written and spoken are essential, third language highly desirable (priority for Spanish)
Location: Work will be performed in the office space of Indie Montreal within Nomad Nation's building, 129 Van Horne and will be assisted by the supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualities and aptitudes required:
- At least 3 years experience in the music industry and at least 1 year of experience as a booking agent in Quebec
- Knowledge of the music industry in general mandatory and have a network of contacts in the medium.
- Deep knowledge of emerging music sector
- Sociable personality, easy-going and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual (French and English) and a third language (Spanish) highly desired
- Mastery of the environment MAC, Office suite (Word, Excel), Google Drive and Google Calendar
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time, high stress tolerance
- Very good sense of organization and attention to detail
- Good Communicator
- Knowledge of dissemination systems in Quebec, mandatory
- Knowledge of other Canadian media network assets
- Knowledge of festivals in Europe, Canada and the United States mandatory
- Knowledge of diffusion in French networks (France, Belgium, Luxembourg, French Canada ...) imperative
- Relations with the international scene
- International experience in the music industry a great asset
- Master's degree in administration, communication and management of cultural organizations a great asset
- Legal and administrative expertise
- Negotiation skills, and abilities in sales, an asset
- High mastery of social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and others
- Solicit broadcasters (bars, theaters, festivals and other) to present the various projects and promote while keeping track.
- Develop strategies for booking on predefined periods of 6 months
- Maintain and develop sales in order to achieve pre-set objectives
- Negotiate sales contracts according to the guidelines issued previously with artists and objectives of the strategy.
- Prospecting of new artists
- Help develop, grow and acquire customers for the latest jobs in Indie Montreal's booking and help maintain customer relationships
- Attend the shows, launches and other of our artists and also attend other shows, and events in order to be updated of market
- Develop new markets and new networks of contacts
- Ensure the smooth running of the tour (setting up logistics, technical planning)
- Be present at various industry conferences
- Write and monitor show diffusion contracts
- Drafting of various documents (press releases, presentation folders and descriptions of artists, etc.)
- Monitoring of various demands from artists and presenters
- Promotion on social networks
- The coordination of tour based activities in dependence with other artist's activities (the press relations, management, etc.)
- Involvement in the promotional strategy of artist clients
- Involvement in the field during the events
- A founding position in the relatively new initiative of Indie Montreal in show sales
- The benefit of other assets and services in Indie Montreal (distribution of entertainment, media relations, field marketing, ticketing service, etc.)
- The synergy between other services offered by Indie Montreal and the show sales
- Valued experience in the field and in the realm of relationship management
- Direct communication with clients of Indie Montreal
- The experience of coordinating a tour with a variety of musical professionals
- Experience to build and grow a new initiative from the start with the benefits of contacts, assets and the support of Indie Montreal
- The chance to expand personal network of contacts
- Direct contact with industry leaders both local and regional
- Direct contact with bands in national and international tours.
- Direct contact with professionals in the international music industry - agents, artist managers, tour managers, publicists etc.
- Opportunity to travel with the team of Indie Montreal in the region and the opportunity to represent Indie Montreal in festivals and with the industry's professionals.
Applications should be sent before September 5, 2014. All applications will be processed until the position is filled. Please send your resume and cover letter with "BOOKING AGENT" in the subject.