Internship - Interactive strategy
Indie Montreal is looking for an intern in Interactive Strategy! Applicants must be highly motivated, enthusiastic, have an interest and knowledge in marketing and the live music industry in Quebec. The intern will be immersed in the world of brand and image development in the cultural space. This position marries the cultural and creative marketing sectors.
Because Indie Montreal is a small business, the intern will complete valued tasks on the company’s front lines in order to contribute to the company’s development throughout the province of Quebec. The intern will work on daily duties and medium-term projects, supervised directly by the Director of Indie Montreal. The intern will interact with artists and their representatives, entrepreneurs and branding agencies
Dates: The internship renews year-round
Hours: 20 hours per week
Salary: Unpaid Internship with possibility of paid work at end of stage
Location: Indie Montreal’s offices are at Microfaune (4232 St. Laurent Blvd.)
Languages: English & French, fluent spoken and written
Assets – Skills, Training & Interests:
· A degree (completed or in process) and/or professional experience in marketing and/or management an asset
· Developed knowledge in marketing and brand development
· Basic knowledge of the music industry
· An ease in creating relationships and in communicating with people / clients
· A social personality and excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent knowledge of social media and web marketing / promotion platforms
· Knowledge of Google Drive and Google Calendar
· Knowledge of graphic design software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) an asset
· Very autonomous, resourceful, creative and thorough with a lot of initative
· Very Organized with keen attention to detail
· Complete bilingualism
· A general interest in music, arts & culture
· Develop and grow the IMTL Interactive Strategy department by establishing new relationships and new clients and by serving existing clients.
· Responsible for developing partnerships and sponsorships for specific events
· Creating and executing promotional plans and marketing plans to respond to various brands’ needs as they relate to the music industry
· Daily follow-up with IMTL Interactive Strategy clients
· Negotiations with clients relating to various business projects and regarding sponsorship and partnership situations
· Offer creative solutions to our clients
· Research new start-ups in the Montreal region that could be potential IMTL Strategy clients
· Regular reporting to Indie Montreal’s Director.
· Involvement on the ground in order to further develop relationships and to communicate the benefits the department has to offer
· Valuable experience in the Quebecois and Canadian music industry
· Valuable experience in the areas of relationship management and cultural marketing
· The opportunity to develop a network of relationships with various relevant organizations and with key actors in the cultural space
· Experience in planning and coordinating promotional efforts with a variety of musical and marketing professionals and entrepreneurs
· Direct experience with local and regional music industry leaders
· Free entrance to Indie Montreal events
· The chance to apply theory in the real business world
This is an unpaid position
Indie Montreal will work with any educational institution to ensure that the intern receives any due academic credit for their work and experience.
How To Apply:
Those interested are encouraged to apply before October 1st, 2016. Any applications received after this deadline will be reviewed on a weekly basis until the position is filled. Please send your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “INTERACTIVE STRATEGY INTERNSHIP”.