Indie Montreal is looking for an accounting intern! Applicants must be highly motivated and have very strong organizational skills, with an interest in bookkeeping, administration or discovering the music and cultural industries. The intern will be tasked with helping keep internal accounting up-to-date for an established Canadian music company. Because Indie Montreal is a small business, the intern will complete valued tasks on the company’s front lines. The intern will work on daily duties and medium-term projects, supervised directly by the Director of Indie Montreal.
Dates: Flexible dates – the stage renews every 4 months
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Salary: Unpaid internship
Location: Work to be done at the Indie Montreal office, with ongoing guidance and feedback. Intern to meet with supervisor during weekly staff meetings.
Languages: English & French, fluent spoken and written
Assets – Skills, Training & Interests:
· A completed or in-progress degree or professional experience in accounting, bookkeeping or business administration
· Very organized with keen attention to detail
· Autonomous and motivated
· Knowledge of accounting software, including web-based systems (knowledge of Wave an asset)
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
· Knowledge of Google Docs and Google Calendar
· Music-related professional experience an asset
· A general interest in music, arts & culture
· Organizing, validating and filing invoices, receipts and other financial documentation
· Keeping Indie Montreal’s accounting system up-to-date
· Creating and sending invoices
· Managing financial summaries and accounting analytics
· Updating internal accounting files
· Managing the accounting end of certain projects
· Other various related tasks
· Direct experience in bookkeeping and accounting for an active small business
· Direct experience with local and regional music industry leaders
· Experience dealing with international music industry professionals, including artists, venues, managers, agents, etc.
· The benefit of working alongside IMTL’s other departments, which provide insight into other areas of the music industry
· Free entrance to Indie Montreal events
This is an unpaid position
Indie Montreal will work with any educational institution to ensure that the intern receives any due academic credit for their work and experience.
How To Apply:
Those interested are encouraged to apply right away. Applications will be reviewed regularly until the position is filled for a given period. Please send your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ACCOUNTING INTERNSHIP”.