Internship - BOOKING and production ASSISTANT
Indie Montreal is looking for an intern booking and production assistant! Applicants must be highly organized, motivated and enthusiastic, with an interest in the live music industry. The intern will be immersed in various aspects of the artist development business for an established Canadian music company. Because Indie Montreal is a small business, the intern will complete valued tasks that contribute to the company’s development throughout the territory of Quebec. The intern will work on daily duties and medium-term projects, supervised directly by IMTL’s director of booking and by the Director of IMTL. The intern will also be required on-site for events.
Dates: July to December 2020 (flexible) - The internship renews year-round
Hours: 35-40 hours per week
Salary: Unpaid Internship
Languages: English & French, fluent spoken and written (although the majority of communication will be in French)
Location: Work to be done at the Indie Montreal office and remotely (either a few hours daily or 3 predefined days per week). To meet with supervisor during weekly staff meetings and daily consults.
Assets – Skills, Training & Interests:
• A welcoming, sociable and friendly personality
• Very advanced interpersonal skills
• Experience in administration (contracts and grants) an asset
• Experience with accounting and comfort dealing with budgets an asset
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
• Knowledge of Google Drive and Google Calendar
• Knowledge and comfort with social networks like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• A keen sense of organization and attention to detail
• Professional experience related to the music industry and asset
• A general interest in music, culture and the arts
Drafting of and follow-up on company contracts (artist engagement contracts, artist representation contracts, etc.)
Drafting tour books and day sheets for booking artists on tour
Invoicing and accounting
Grant research, development of a database of pertinent information and contacts related to granting organizations
Drafting of and follow-up for grant proposals
Researching new festivals, blogs, etc. relevant to the company’s development
Coordination of certain events (i.e. album launches for IMTL Agency artists)
Updating the IMTL website and the IMTL Agency page and Google Calendar
Other various administrative tasks
Involvement on site at events
To collect, manage and organize promotional materials for shared use among Indie Montreal team
To communicate with artists’ and their management regarding upcoming show logistics and technical specs
To communicate with venues regarding technical specs, logistics and promotional details
To help manage the entire communication chain between Indie Montreal, its artists and venues
To ensure that the Indie Montreal team has required promotional and logistical materials to complete their tasks
To disseminate production schedules to involved parties
Involvement on-site at events as production assistant
Preparation of necessary documents and elements for productions
To manage artist’s needs and questions on-site during events
• Valuable experience in the domains of relationship and organizational management
• Valuable communications experience in the music industry
• Valuable logistical experience in concert production and promotion
• Direct experience working with local and regional music industry leaders
• Direct experience working with national and international musical touring acts
• Experience dealing with international music industry professionals, including Agents, Managers, Tour Managers, Record Labels, Publicists, Venues, Promoters, etc.
• Possible occasional regional travel with other Indie Montreal staff
• Free entrance to IMTL events
This is an unpaid position
Indie Montreal will work with any educational institution to ensure that the intern receives any due academic credit for their work and experience.
How To Apply:
Those interested are encouraged to apply before September 1st, 2019. Any applications received after this deadline will be reviewed on a weekly basis until the position is filled. Please send your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with the subject line “ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT INTERNSHIP BOOKING”..