Indie Montreal is looking for a Booking Agent to join its agency department (IMTL Booking). Applicants must be motivated, highly organized and must have a minimum of 2 years experience in the music industry in Quebec. Applicants will have the opportunity to join a Quebec music company established and recognized throughout Canada with a number of complementary departments and varied activities. The selected candidate will work to sign and develop the careers of their artist alongside the IMTL Booking Director and the Director of Indie Montreal and with the help of a Booking Assistant as well as the rest of the IMTL team and its infrastructure.
Dates: Flexible start date
Hours: Hours to be discussed
Salary: On commission
Languages: English & French, fluent spoken and written (although the majority of communication will be in French)
Work to be done at the Indie Montreal office and remotely (as required) alongside the rest of the IMTL team.
Assets – Skills, Training & Interests:
· At least 2 years experience in the music industry in the province of Quebec required
· A demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit
· Direct experience in developing artistic music careers
· An advanced understanding of cultural presenter networks in Quebec
· Experience with event production and event budgets
· Experience in presenting events an asset
· Experience in administration (contracts and grant writing) an asset
· Very advanced interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
· Knowledge of Google Drive and Google Calendar
· Knowledge and comfort with social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat an asset
· A keen sense of organization and attention to detail
· Signing and overseeing the development of clients’ artistic carers with respect to live events
· Researching, contacting and negotiating concert contracts with event presenters
· Development and maintenance of long-term relationships with event presenters and artists.
· Planning tours throughout Quebec (and possibly other territories)
· Prospecting Quebecois and international artists
· Drafting and executing development plans for artist clients
· Consulting the rest of the IMTL booking team with respect to development strategies and managing common databases
· Researching new venues, festivals and opportunities relevant to artist clients
· Coordination of certain events (for example, album launches for artist clients)
· Valuable experience working with a diverse team specializing in a variety of cultural activities
· Valuable logistical experience in tour booking and concert production
· The autonomy to manage your own roster of artists with the support of a team and infrastructure that is well-recognized at the Québécois and Canadian levels
· The company’s business development activities that create new common opportunities.
· One or more assistants to help with administrative tasks (for example, contract drafting and follow-up, drafting tour books and show advances, the collection and management of artist promotional materials, managing technical riders and logistical details for confirmed concerts)
· One or more assistants to help with accounting tasks (for example, invoicing, invoice payments, maintaining and analyzing financial data)
· One or more assistants to help with promotional tasks (for example, updating IMTL’s website, social media accounts, internal calendars and databases and tour promotion)
· The opportunity to be involved in valuable showcases at events like RIDEAU, Pop Montreal, M for Montreal, Canadian Music Week, FRINGE ROSEQ and others presented or organized by Indie Montreal
· An established infrastructure to help with production and promotion of local events
· Direct experience working with national and international musical touring acts and with international music industry professionals, including agents, managers, tour managers, record labels, publicists, venues, promoters, etc.
· Possible regional travel with Indie Montreal team and artist clients
How To Apply:
Those interested are encouraged to apply before March 24, 2017. All applications will be processed until the position is filled (which may happen before the stated deadline). Please send your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “BOOKING AGENT”.